Now that your session is on the books (YAYY!) I’m sure the first thing you’re doing is wondering just what the heck to do now! Don’t worry, I’ve put together a few tips to help you prepare for your Boudoir Photography Session.
8 Tips To Help You Prepare For Your Boudoir Photoshoot
- Mani/Pedi. Even though your hands and feet most likely wont be a focus in the image, having nice fingers and toes will always add to the image (and the experience!)
- Hair removal. If you opt to shave or wax (totally cool if you don’t!), make sure you use the method that you normally use. Now is not the time to attempt to go from shaving to waxing if you don’t know how your skin will react. Back story, I made the attempt to get a Brazilian the day before we left for a long vacation. Apparently my lady bits are pretty sensitive to the wax. Yea, my vacation wasn’t very comfortable if you catch my drift. Anyway, back to you- you know your body better than anyone, so make sure you give yourself time for any redness or irritation to subside while not allowing stubbles to grow in.
- Skin and Haircare. Unless if you opt out, all of my sessions include professional hair and make-up. On the day of your session, you don’t have to do anything special at all. Just show up with clean, dry hair (or day-old hair) and just some light moisturizer on your body, face and lips! You don’t need to apply any foundations, primers or anything! Again, the days before your session aren’t good days to experiment with chemical peeling, fillers, microblading or anything out of your ordinary routine.
- HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE. Besides being so so so good for your health in general, it will help your skin to have a healthy glow and might even plump out some fine lines! You’ll know you’re well hydrated if your Pee is a clear, pale yellow.
- Wardrobe. It’s always a good idea to get your wardrobe in order right after your session is booked so you’re not at the mercy of Target’s Intimates section. If you’re like me and wait till the last minute, most of the time Amazon can save you! Check out my Blog on Top Boudoir Outfit Ideas which includes a bunch of Amazon links! If all else fails, you’ve always got your birthday suit and a sheet!
- Tanning. No. If at all possible, avoid getting burned before your session. Red burn marks and sunscreen splotches are near impossible to edit out, plus, you’ll be super uncomfy in scratchy lace lingerie and stretching in different poses. Tanning beds, if you absolutely must, fine. Just do it at least 4 days before your session to make sure that your skin has a chance to “settle” (also, tanning beds are so bad for your skin and increase your risk for cancer, and as my new friend, I don’t want that for you!). Spray tanning- while this seems harmless enough, whatever it is that they use for it tends to come off on your outfits, the furniture and bedsheets. Plus, the orange tones in the chemicals tend to give off Oompa Loompa vibes in the camera.
- Inspo. If you’re like me you LOVE Pinterest! It is such an incredible creative resource! I encourage you to peruse pinterest for any ideas that you think you might want to try and send them on over to me! I am happy to discuss any and all ideas you might have!
- Nutrition. In the couple days leading up to your session, eat healthy and balanced meals. Don’t starve yourself, it won’t make a difference in the camera! Avoid food that make you feel bloated or that make you retain water. For me, its Dairy. Like I can drink a gallon of milk and be super happy- and also super bloated!
Thinking About Booking Your Own Boudoir Photoshoot?
I’d Love To Learn More About Your Why